VP of Product
Feed Media Group
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Feed Media Group (FMG) is looking for an experienced VP of Product to join our leadership team and lead our Product department. They will work in partnership with engineering, marketing, curation, licensing, CX, and sales teams to build the next generation of B2B music solutions. The VP of Product is responsible for making compelling experiences across web and mobile that enable more people to experience the proven benefits of music.
In this role you will have the unique opportunity to work with the leadership team to evolve the product and business strategy for FMG’s portfolio of B2B applications and formulate a roadmap to bring that strategy to life. In addition to managing a team, you will be required to roll up your sleeves and ship product directly. Flexibility between doing an individual contributors’ job and creating highly-leveraged managerial structures to enable others to do the job is fundamental to the success of this role. This role reports to the COO, who also has responsibility for CX, Curation, Sales, and Marketing.
At Feed Media Group we are not your traditional B2B tech company - we are a Music As A Service (MaaS) platform. We’ve streamed over half a billion streams in the first half of 2022 across our suite of products (Feed.fm and Feed Originals). Our goal is to make it simple for businesses to license popular music by taking care of the curating, licensing and compliance behind the scenes. We support brands of all sizes across health, fitness, retail, and more.
We believe the best candidates are eager communicators, learn quickly, are compassionate, collaborate well with others, and have a strong desire to see their work in action. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. If you are a member of a group that has been historically underrepresented in technology, we especially encourage you to apply.
Press and Resources
Partner with Engineering
- Partner closely with the CTO to build a long term product vision and oversee prioritization efforts to ensure the engineering team is clear on business needs and feels empowered to build.
Define, Instrument and Manage to KPIs Relevant to your Product Portfolio
- Work with the COO and cross-functional teams to develop and operationalize the key metrics you will use to grow the business’s total footprint.
Be a Cross-Functional Partner
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to identify new means of monetization, manage platform integrations, define and own product roadmaps.
- Lead Go To Market efforts and marshal resources to ensure successful launches.
- Own product documentation and training for both internal teams and customers.
Lead & Manage a Best in Class Product Team
- Lead the product management team on product vision, design, strategy and execution.
- Set best-in-class guiding principles for the product team including conducting effective user interviews, forming hypotheses, prioritizing and executing tasks.
- Be a thought leader in the company and within the music tech industry.
- Drive product innovation and improvement of solutions that map to product/market fit, drive customer success, maintain market leadership and provide excellent revenue growth.
- Drive disciplined research efforts to understand customer needs, define priorities and product decisions.
- Define, monitor, and analyze product metrics, and incorporate learnings back into the development process.
- Leverage data to guide product strategy, prioritize features, validate hypotheses, and measure product success.
Strive for Alignment and Improvement
- Leverage your energy and determination to inspire your team to continuously strive for better.
- Be the go-to leader for product vision and strategy. Communicate our product value proposition clearly - internally and externally.
- Lead and manage with our values in mind: Ownership, Growth Mindset, Kindness/Respect.
TRAITS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Customer-Obsessed - Your desire to create value for the average consumer borders on obsessive.
- Doer - Not afraid to roll up your sleeves to uncover the right answers.
- Learning machine - Consumes and distills new information voraciously, climbs learning curves with dizzying speed.
- Foresight - You prioritize long-term views and are able to balance the needs of the present without jeopardizing or constraining optionality in the future. You can play out the multi-round consequences of available paths or tactics, take the long-term view and do not make a habit of cutting corners.
- High Trajectory - You are pursuing personal and professional growth as a top reason for changing jobs. You actively seek coaching and working environments that imprint you with new skills and abilities to level up.
- Humility - You are comfortable enough to know when to say “I don’t know”. You share credit with the team when things go well and volunteer to own the blame when something goes wrong in your corner of the kitchen.
- Strong People Manager - You recognize that a manager’s job is to enable the groups you influence (directly or indirectly) to produce stellar work regularly and repeatedly.
- Enthusiasm - You bring a level of enthusiasm and energy that inspires others to rise to your level.
- Empathy - You can put yourself in a customer’s position to understand their needs and frustrations.
- Teamwork - You have an ability to work and communicate effectively with other stakeholders, build consensus and inspire demonstrable results.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Stellar user research chops - You are not afraid to dig in and unearth the underlying causal mechanisms that drive adoption, usage & retention. Well-versed in ethnography, generative interviews, evaluative interviews, & A/B testing.
- A strong eye for user experience - Must be able to communicate using design tools like Sketch, Figma, or the Adobe Suite.
- Technical Knowledge - Must be able to convey product requirements to engineering and to grasp the technical details driving our products. Must be extremely familiar with web services, Internet APIs, SDKs, and the tools and ecosystem around them all. Must be very familiar with JIRA and working with a software development team that uses agile development (SCRUM) practices.
- Strong business acumen - Especially familiar with subscription-based consumer businesses and Saas metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - You create detailed, crisp business requirements, functional requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product.
- 12+ years of product experience, with at least 7 years of management
- Product leadership experience in a Series B or earlier stage company
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Standard SaaS KPIs including but not limited to: revenue growth, acquisition, engagement, retention & advocacy.
- Progress on roadmap vs commitments
- Contribution to the individual success and job satisfaction of each direct report.
- Improved documentation and the level of shared understanding of our products and plans throughout the company.
Comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan. Full details here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.