Senior Full Stack Engineer
Feed Media Group
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join Feed Media Group to work hand-in-hand with our current engineering team, music curators, customer support, and product team using cutting edge technologies to develop new opportunities to add popular music to apps, connected fitness devices, and physical spaces. We are a small, tight-knit team of 7 engineers, so you will have the opportunity to apply yourself in all aspects of our services, including our music ingestion and delivery, analytics collection and reporting, and web services used by our clients and curation team.
At FMG, we believe the best candidates are eager communicators, learn quickly, are compassionate, collaborate well with others, and have a strong desire to see their work in action. We create space for high autonomy and nurture an environment that enables a healthy work-life balance. We are looking for a candidate who is comfortable being responsible for working end-to-end on a feature while also having flexibility to double down on Frontend or Backend specifically on larger team projects.
At Feed Media Group we are not your traditional B2B tech company - we are a Music As A Service (MaaS) platform. We’ve streamed over half a billion streams in the first half of 2022 across our suite of products (Feed.fm and Feed Originals). Our goal is to make it simple for businesses to license popular music by taking care of the curating, licensing and compliance behind the scenes. We support brands of all sizes across health, fitness, retail, and more.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. If you are a member of a group that has been historically underrepresented in technology, we especially encourage you to apply.
Press and Resources
The Science of Music as Medicine (video)
A Typical Day
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to architect, implement, test, and document new features that users love
- Build and maintain APIs and SDKs to help our customers stream music into their mobile/web apps
- Build and maintain web apps to empower our music curators and better support our customers
- Ensure our service continues to scale and maintain resilience as we add new customers
- You have 4+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- You are a strong communicator and love to collaborate
- You have experience using React or other modern frontend frameworks
- You know your way around databases, be it SQL-based or a document store
- You have experience using AWS services (bonus if you’ve deployed AWS services in CI/CD using infrastructure-as-code!)
Comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan. Full details here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.