Lead Software Engineer
LawnStarter is a marketplace that makes lawn care easy for homeowners while helping small businesses grow and succeed. We've raised over $20M in venture funding and are growing fast to revolutionize the $115 Billion lawn care industry. Are you interested in being an integral part of that growth and helping build our team?
What makes these roles awesome:
1 - Team
We believe the most significant part of any work environment is the team. Given this, we have spent a massive amount of time finding humble, hungry, and smart folks that you will get to work with every single day. That’s a huge part of the reason LawnStarter received the best places to work award in 2018, 2019 and 2020 from the Austin-American Statesman.
2 - Growth
We have a small, tight-knit team willing to give responsibility to anyone who is hungry, humble, and smart. You’ll be owning the outcome of your work and helping to shape the future of the business. If you're hungry for career growth and want to develop your skills, LawnStarter is the place to be.
3 - Startup Environment (Without the Early Stage Risk)
We are generating tens of millions of dollars in revenue per year enabling us to have a close-knit, agile, and fun environment that make startups so alluring with the added benefit of stability. We are backed by some of the leading venture and growth equity funds in the technology space.
What you'll do:
As a Lead Software Engineering at LawnStarter, you’ll report to one of our Engineering Managers and be responsible for leading technical initiatives from inception to the hands of our users. You will be empowered to drive continuous improvement and constantly evaluate the return on investment on every decision we make when building our products.
Our ability to deliver quality software to our customers in a timely, predictable manner will be directly attributable to your capacity to identify and address challenges faced by the initiatives you will be leading.
- Lead the development of LawnStarter platform ensuring that we’re utilizing the best development techniques, architectural patterns, frameworks and libraries for those initiatives
- Own and ensure the resolution of complex problems found in our systems and integrations
- Find opportunities to broadcast knowledge and lessons learned across delivery teams
- Delegate to teammates and work with them to ensure they're successful
- Identify technical debt buy-down opportunities and work with the engineering management team and the product management team to prioritize these activities
- Ensure patterns are in place to provide thorough automated testing with tests at each level of the test pyramid
- Communicate patterns and solutions through both thorough written documentation and technical presentations