Senior Software Engineer
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 2, 2023
Mobi builds technologies that expand the human ability to navigate the world.
Mobi’s core ability is to model decision-making through a planning platform to solve complex problems for the individual and at scale that the human brain can’t solve alone. Mobi’s AI planning platform integrates robust data sets capable of fleet efficiency optimization, business process automation, as well as guiding travelers to the tastiest meals and off-the-beaten-path experiences worldwide. Mobi’s ability to solve tough problems at scale is being used by the world’s largest brands.
Founded in the research labs of MIT in 2012, we work, build, and learn together at our headquarters in Somerville, MA. We’re proud to be backed by an outstanding group of investors, Firefly Venture Partners, RPM Ventures, and Enterprise Holdings, who share our commitment to building transformative travel technologies.
Working at Mobi
We welcome people with a range of backgrounds, identities, passions, and skills. We believe that difference breeds creativity. We know it’s not enough to hire people with diverse points of view: it is crucial to cultivate a culture of continued conversation. We are woman-led, and many identities are represented by the current team.
Our work is centered on four core values:
* Build with Care: We incorporate environmental and socially sustainable values in everything we build.
* Center Diversity: We celebrate diversity on the team and through the products and partnerships we create.
* Share Knowledge: We publish, speak, and consult to share as much knowledge as possible.
* Real > Virtual: We build technology that unlocks real-world experiences.
About the Role
This is the right role for someone who loves thinking about what defines a place, what makes something you can do, see, eat, touch special, and how to build an infrastructure that supports the encoding of every place on earth and makes them accessible efficiently.
Our planning platform depends on our data platform of normalized content to make recommendations and generate good plans. In this role, you will help us leverage state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure from AWS to ingest data from hundreds (and eventually thousands) of licensed and public data sets to enrich our library of digital trip-planning experiences being used by some of the world’s leading travel brands and build software products that hence their travel planning capabilities.
This role requires a strong background in software engineering since you will also be helping to refactor our data pipeline, currently built using Glue, S3, Airflow, and OpenSearch, to provide higher availability and lower latency in serving our data platform users.
The ideal candidates will have the following traits:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Have a solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming with experience working with cloud technology stack.
- Strong high-level programming skills (e.g., Python), frameworks, and tools such as Pytorch lightning, Airflow, Opensearch, etc, with 4+ years of experience.
- Strong desire to take ownership of the data ingestion architecture and build a highly scalable data pipeline that other engineers can utilize to quickly integrate new data sources in a repeatable process.
- Deep understanding of API design and microservices architecture.
- Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive Base Salary + Annual Bonus
Comprehensive Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision) for you and your family, covered mostly by the company.
Company-paid Disability and Life Insurance
Paid Parental Leave (for all types of parents and families)
Equity ownership in the company
Generous Paid Time Off + $1,000 Bonus for taking 5 consecutive days off
Flexibility to work anywhere in the world for one month a year
Cell Phone & Transportation Reimbursement
Lunch daily from local Davis Square restaurants
Cozy office environment with a full kitchen, massage chairs, live plants, and much more!
Mobi hires those who are willing to work either full-time in the office or on a hybrid schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.