Senior DevOps Engineer
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Mobi builds technologies that expand the human ability to navigate the world.
Mobi’s core ability is to model decision-making through a planning platform to solve complex problems for the individual and at scale that the human brain can’t solve alone. Mobi’s AI planning platform integrates robust data sets capable of fleet efficiency optimization, business process automation, as well as guiding travelers to the tastiest meals and off-the-beaten-path experiences worldwide. Mobi’s ability to solve tough problems at scale is being used by the world’s largest brands.
Founded in the research labs of MIT in 2012, we work, build, and learn together at our headquarters in Somerville, MA. We’re proud to be backed by an outstanding group of investors, Firefly Venture Partners, RPM Ventures, and Enterprise Holdings, who share our commitment to building transformative travel technologies.
Working at Mobi
We welcome people with a range of backgrounds, identities, passions, and skills. We believe that difference breeds creativity. We know it’s not enough to hire people with diverse points of view: it is crucial to cultivate a culture of continued conversation. We are woman-led, and many identities are represented by the current team.
Our work is centered on four core values:
* Build with Care: We incorporate environmental and socially sustainable values in everything we build.
* Center Diversity: We celebrate diversity on the team and through the products and partnerships we create.
* Share Knowledge: We publish, speak, and consult to share as much knowledge as possible.
* Real > Virtual: We build technology that unlocks real-world experiences.
About the Role
This Sr. DevOps Engineer will join a small but mighty team that provides high-quality support and solutions. You will maintain our AWS infrastructure, review and execute configuration change requests, and when needed provide support during off-business hours in case of an emergency. Mobi is growing quickly and as a result, this position will give you exposure to support other infrastructure projects as they surface throughout the company.
The ideal candidate has very strong written and verbal communication skills, knows how to prioritize tasks, keeps calm when handling emergencies, has excellent troubleshooting skills, and can be creative when solving problems with ambiguity.
This is an in-office role working from our Somerville, MA office with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days per week.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- AWS (e.g., EKS, EC2, CloudTrail, API Gateway, Route53, Organizations, Multi-account management, IAM, IAM Identity Center, Lambda, VPC )Terraform
- Comfortable with a scripting Language - Bash or Python
- AWS Certifications ( SysOps /DevOps) or equivalent work experience
Nice to have Experience:
- DataDog (or Prometheus/Grafana or some other monitoring experience that is relatable, AWS monitoring tools are a plus)
- Github Shell/Github Actions
- Familiarity with Java
- Other cloud provider experience (e.g, GCP or Azure)
- Familiar with security concepts and security infrastructure
Experience that will be helpful in this role:
- Participation in the planning/execution of system or infrastructure upgrade processes.
- Participation in Disaster Recovery procedures
- Experience in the automation of manual or repetitive tasks
- Comfortable defining and documenting procedures and standards
Benefits & Perks
Competitive Base Salary + Annual Bonus
Comprehensive Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision) for you and your family, covered mostly by the company.
Company-paid Disability and Life Insurance
Paid Parental Leave (for all types of parents and families)
Equity ownership in the company
Generous Paid Time Off + $1,000 Bonus for taking 5 consecutive days off
Flexibility to work anywhere in the world for one month a year
Cell Phone & Transportation Reimbursement
Lunch daily from local Davis Square restaurants
Cozy office environment with a full kitchen, massage chairs, live plants, and much more!
Mobi hires those who are willing to work either full-time in the office or on a hybrid schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.