Senior Data Scientist
Somerville, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Mobi builds technologies that expand the human ability to navigate the world.
Mobi’s core ability is to model decision-making through a planning platform to solve complex problems for the individual and at scale that the human brain can’t solve alone. Mobi’s AI planning platform integrates robust data sets capable of fleet efficiency optimization, business process automation, as well as guiding travelers to the tastiest meals and off-the-beaten-path experiences worldwide. Mobi’s ability to solve tough problems at scale is being used by the world’s largest brands.
Founded in the research labs of MIT in 2012, we work, build, and learn together at our headquarters in Somerville, MA. We’re proud to be backed by an outstanding group of investors, Firefly Venture Partners, RPM Ventures, and Enterprise Holdings, who share our commitment to building transformative travel technologies.
Working at Mobi
We welcome people with a range of backgrounds, identities, passions, and skills. We believe that difference breeds creativity. We know it’s not enough to hire people with diverse points of view: it is crucial to cultivate a culture of continued conversation. We are woman-led, and many identities are represented by the current team.
Our work is centered on four core values:
* Build with Care: We incorporate environmental and socially sustainable values in everything we build.
* Center Diversity: We celebrate diversity on the team and through the products and partnerships we create.
* Share Knowledge: We publish, speak, and consult to share as much knowledge as possible.
* Real > Virtual: We build technology that unlocks real-world experiences.
About the Role
As a data scientist, you will help prototype and build our core ML microservice platform that utilizes NLP, computer vision, etc to automate and optimize our customers’ processes, as well as increase user engagement. The day-to-day work includes but is not limited to:
*Design and apply natural language understanding models to free-form text data.
* Build computer vision and multi-modal models to digest scanned documents.
* Use classic CV methods to process images.
You will have the chance to solve complex problems and see your solutions come to life in different industries.
- 2+ years of industry work experience in machine learning.
- Hands-on experience with different types of classification, clustering, and regression models.
- Hands-on experience in either NLP or Computer Vision.
- Hands-on experience of Pytorch or Tensorflow.
- You’re passionate about writing clean and robust code.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment and bouncing ideas off your colleagues.
- Experience building preference/recommendation models is a plus.
- Knowledge of operations research is a plus.
- Coding experience in C++.
This role is a hybrid position, our office is based in the heart of Davis Square right off the Davis T station. Our current in office expectations are 3 days a week with 2 days at home. For qualified candidates this role can be supported in the virtual space.
Benefits & Perks
Competitive Base Salary + Annual Bonus
Comprehensive Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, and Vision) for you and your family, covered mostly by the company.
Company-paid Disability and Life Insurance
Paid Parental Leave (for all types of parents and families)
Equity ownership in the company
Generous Paid Time Off + $1,000 Bonus for taking 5 consecutive days off
Flexibility to work anywhere in the world for one month a year
Cell Phone & Transportation Reimbursement
Lunch daily from local Davis Square restaurants
Cozy office environment with a full kitchen, massage chairs, live plants, and much more!
Mobi hires those who are willing to work either full-time in the office or on a hybrid schedule.
We are an equal opportunity employer; applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status and genetic information (including family medical history), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.